Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in Italy

So Thanksgiving is a time where families and friends come together to celebrate the things that they are my thankful for. Its weird for me to not be home on Thanksgiving, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade and helping cook(aka peel the potatoes-not really cooking anything). Ive done the same thing for Thanksgiving for my entire life so it was odd to do something different this year. It was kinda sad not being with my family especially because all my best friends who just got home for their breaks went to my house for dessert even though I wasnt there. But Thanksgiving in Italy was really fun, all the people sharing stories on what they normally do and the Americans telling the Italians what Thanksgiving is all about. It was a really interesting experience and the food was really good so I didnt mind spending one Thanksgiving away from home because I know next year Ill be back doing what I normally do.






No comments:

Post a Comment